It's always a mash up to decide on which are the best beach holiday destinations in South Africa. It's difficult because in this fantastic country, there are far too many positives all the way along the coast. The weather is great, the water is clear the waves are comparative, the people are friendly and the attractions are equally unique. Optima Holidays has resorts in the most prime of coastal getaways, but the most popular stretch of shoreline is the KwaZulu Natal coastline.
Natal seems to be ideal in all the typical categories that are used to determine the requirements that make the perfect beach holiday:
Despite a few months throughout the year, KZN has weather that is surpassed by very few locations. This sub tropical climate provides sunny skies, warm air, warm sea water and very little rain (usual short bursts during Summer). The sun sets at an hour that isn't too early, allowing for sundowners and phenomenal dusk portraits, and not too late as to cause strange sleeping habits. And every so often you're treated the warm, balmy winds from the Drakensberg known as Berg winds.
Durban and both the north and south coasts have warm, inviting ocean water temperature. It makes for rather pleasant swimming and all the other aquatic activities that take place in the sea. Leisure interests include surfing, skiing, wind surfing, body boarding, deep sea fishing, snorkelling, scuba diving, spear fishing and many more.
The inhabitants of Durban and the surrounding cities and suburbs are well known for their friendly, outgoing and easy natures. Whether you're on holiday with your family, your partner or on your own, you're bound to make new friends and acquaintances.
KwaZulu Natal boasts a number of outstanding golf courses including Umhlali, Zimbali, San La Meer and at the Wild Coast Sun. Some of the attractions include:
On the South Coast
- the Aliwal Shoal - rated as one of the top 10 dive spots across the globe
- Riverbend Crocodile Farm - home to over 200 Nile crocodiles and more
- Amamzintoti Bird Sanctuary - home to over 150 species of birds
- Oribi Gorge Nature Reserve - hiking, hame spotting and more
On the North Coast
- Ballito Lifestyle Centre - shopping, dining and other great outlet opportunities
- Natal Sharks Board - captures all the action and drama of KZN's ocean and more
- Flag Farm Animal Farm - family fun revolving around farm animals
- uShaka Marine World - world class entertainment and tourist destination
- Botanical Gardens - home to hundreds of plant species and the Natal Herbarium
- Moses Mabhida Stadium - state of the art soccer stadium right on the edge of the city
- Golden Mile - along Durban's beach front incorporating shopping, food and activities
Everybody whose ever travelled to or stayed at any of the resorts in this fantastic part of the country will recommend a holiday right away. The unspoiled beaches, the weather, the ocean life and everything that Durban has to offer are immediate giveaways as to why you shouldn't hesitate to make the trip.
South Africa truly offers some of the best beach holiday destinations in the world and the KwaZulu Natal coastline is a beacon of light in this regard. Optima Holidays has resorts all the way along, so get in touch telephonically or go online and get the best rates guaranteed.